Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

These are my favorite cookies. Part butter, part cocoa. I have wanted to learn how to make it from scratch and I finally did it with my husband's help (rolling the dough, rolling the 2 sheets of dough into one and cutting and setting the oven...) (^^;) The first batch we did was a bit too brown on the bottom because I think we were not using a high quality cookie sheet and our oven's heat was too strong, etc. (There are just so many tricks to baking!) This second batch looks good and my house now smells like a bakery!
And it's just in time for Valentine's Day tomorrow! I will save 1 for my husband and bring the rest to work to share with all the guys in my project team. How exciting!! I've got another winning recipe under my belt!!!
Happy Valentine's Day to all!
*People whom I work with directly and people who I have to deal with are 2 different groups of people. The first group will get the good cookies and the second group can have the brown ones. :-P