Saturday, December 16, 2006

Trams

The trams that run only on the Hong Kong Island is cheap ($2.00), fun and convenient if you could get on one. I am so happy it's still around and doing well. I remember back when I was in high school, everyone had some unpleasant stories to share about riding the tram whether it's being gropped, brushed or pressed upon by some nasty old men. Pick pocket was common, too. So there was a time period of maybe over 6-7 years that I completely avoided it. But now that I think about it, I bet those crimes are only targeted at young school girls who would not know how to react to them and not adults who are more vigilant and ready to alert others. In any case, I would still be cautious when I ride the trams and other public transportations in Hong Kong since it's so crowded.