Wednesday, June 20, 2007

無性に食べたくなったり


I think Bovril (the original flavor, not the new chicken or the veggie alternatives) has to be the comfort food for people from my generation.

When we were sick, lack of appetite, had our tooth pulled out, had plan cancelled due to the rain, typhoon season, etc. etc. The only thing to eat is really congee mixed with Bovril. There is just no replacement for it. Lately, I have been trying to find it here in the US but to no avail. I talked to my mom about it on the phone and she also immediately wanted one in her kitchen! So, she called dad in Hong Kong and now my dad is on the mission to find it.

Today, I did a search on the web to make sure it's still in production and Thank God! it still is. But I found out they have new alternative flavors which no one has anything good to say. So, I quickly called my mom and let her know that it should still be available and also told my dad not to get anything else but the original beef flavor. My brother is currently in Vietnam on business and will be stopping over in Hong Kong for a few days. He should be able to help us bring back the 2 large bottles we ordered! Isn't life sweet?

Never had it before? You've just gotta try it!