Monday, July 09, 2007

歌舞伎町案內人

Last night, we had Indian food for dinner. Needless to say we all had chai, too, and then I was unable to fall asleep for the rest of the night. I started reading this book that my brother bought from his June trip to Vietnam-Hong Kong at around 1am and finished at around 6am. It was quite well-written (in Chinese) and I guess must be intriguing enough for me to keep reading non-stop. This book was also published in Japanese from what I've heard.

I guess what makes it an interesting read is that I have not personally experienced the offerings at the red-light district around Kabukicho in Shinjuku, nor am I planning to anytime soon. But by the time I reached the end, I'm not sure whether I was too tired or what but my first impression was "Oh, that was it?" I was expecting more insane stories besides his own experiences working odd jobs in Kabukicho. There is a second part to the book which my brother also bought. I wonder when I will start on that one.

6 回應:

Blogger axly said...

Did the curry stop you from sleeping ? too hot ?

5:44 AM  
Blogger axly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:44 AM  
Blogger RI34 said...

I found this book on Amazon.co.jp and also the DVD! The introduction of the book says, "A success story of a Chinese man who has kept standing on the street in Kabuki-cho for 14 years." It reminds me of a man selling stoles on Robson St...Anyways, I will check it next time I go to San Jose! There's a good Japanese book store next to a Japanese super market, you know?

9:24 AM  
Blogger 學習 said...

It's actually the strong chai (Indian spiced milk tea), but it's so good!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger 學習 said...

Hi 34! I know which Japanese bookstore you are referring to. It's the Kinokuniya next to the Mitsuwa Market on Saratoga Ave. :-) I go there often!

9:52 AM  
Blogger RI34 said...

Yes! That is the one!!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home