Monday, March 20, 2006

園芸 と 漢字

Today, I played Martha Stewart while the sun was out. I planted a bunch of flowers and small shrubs and added some heavy rocks near the planting area around the pool. It turned out pretty good, somewhat like an English garden (like I know what that's supposed to mean exactly...). I am not sure what my mother in law will think but it is exactly how I like it now. I think she was planning on doing something else but I got a headstart on it during her absence. ;-P I hope it will stay the same and nothing get moved when she is here next week. (Maybe I should take a picture now before ...)

And then later on in the evening, I created a spreadsheet to count all the Kanji I know of, can write and can pronounce. The total is 600 (with no duplicates)!! :-) That's not bad because just last week when my Korean co-worker asked me how many Kanji I can truly say I know, I told him about 300-400 Kanji when in fact it's almost double that number!

Updates:

Here is the "English Garden" picture taken under low light, long exposure with no flash condition.
Today at work, I added a few more Kanji to the list and the total now comes to 720!! XD

Labels: ,